Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link Exchnage Proposal

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by asifinfomist, Mar 21, 2009.

1. asifinfomist

asifinfomist Guest

(Deleted - Spam)

2. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Hay man from the sites I looked at I think your portfolio is pretty good TBH, I would disagree that you have coded them to the latest standards as you claim, that and I could get them to render in twice the time, but nice portfolio still the same, shame about the coding TBH, that an a heavy use of images are really the only things that lets you down from what I've seen. :cry:

However on to your request it is actually a pointless request that wont better any one, maybe you, as the links will go in a directory called links and this will not be index or any links coming from it will be devalued as a result. Now if someone links to you off here and they put your link on a none penalized page then you will get equity, they will not.

That but as both links will be a reciprocal link, if they are counted they will both be devalued for that reason. :)
    Welcome to DF by the way.

Jaz

PS: There is also a signature function that would save you time constantly adding a link to your site and your name, go to My DF and edit it in there. :)

3. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

:) lollies

4. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

lollies????
    I am just being thick??? :D

5. darren

darren Member

Thats what you get when designers code :p. especially when they use Macomedia Dreamweaver in design view. Bloated code that could probably be re-written in 1/4 the lines and not optimised at all.

The old MM_ javascript functions are a dead giveaway.

Although some of that page rendering time might be down to the host. I would put some code in the header and footer to display the page parsing time.

Anyway it does not matter. The fact that people are good at code sells nothing :( and you get no recognition, believe me I know, its all about the way it looks. So you are on the right side of the designer/coder fence for people to *see* what you do.

6. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

I know and it is a shame TBH Darren, as only programmers can get sites to render quickly with server enhancements, reduction in bloated code, and to a smaller degree image compression, take into account the average time a visitor stays on any page is less than 10 seconds including page load time and wella the code should matter TBH and once a programmer has fixed the mistakes made by some designers the differances are sooo noticeable. :angel:

We are such an under-rated group IMO. :cry:

Huh good job this is not a design forum or I may get some greif for that comment if it was. :D