Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightbox issue

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by TomStutt, Jun 10, 2009.

1. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Please help!!!!!

I have tried to set up a lightbox so when i have a thumbnail image i click it and a larger image appears. But what happens with mine is that it just opens in another page.

Please can someone help with this.:mad:

the link to the page is Tom Stutt Design | Portfolio

Thanks

2. philjohns

philjohns Senior Member

You havent uploaded your lightbox.js file to the correct directory.

In your head section you reference it as:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/lightbox.js"></script>
    Which means that (in relation to the page) the page is trying to use the file located at tomstuttdesign.co.uk/js/lightbox.js whereas it isnt actually there.

Either upload the lightbox.js file to a js folder in your main directory or rename the file link to where the file actually is on your webspace.

I have also just checked your other links to files and none of those are linking to a file either:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" /><script type="text/javascript" src="/js/prototype.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="/js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="/js/lightbox.js"></script>
    Hope this helps,

Phil

3. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

yes phil is correct, your just directing it to the image so its just jumping across to where the bigger image is placed...