Life Balance Calendar Design

alybaracat

Hi all,

I’m a graphic design student at the American University in Cairo and I am seeking your advice and feedback regarding one of my projects.

Life Balance Calendar:
As a starting point for creating balance, happiness and success in your life, Life Balance Calendar is the perfect tool to begin your journey. Using this tool, you will be able to reflect and understand the patterns of your daily lifestyle.
The idea is to fill each empty month bottle every single day with colored sand according to how the day was spent. Each sand color represents a certain area in life (ex: Health/Fitness, Family, Career, Personal Growth & Fun). At the end of each month, you get a visualisation of how balanced your life is.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/66394795/Sand-Bottle-Life-Balance-Calendar

Calendar_4 copy.png

Thanks a lot :D

Honestly all I can see when I see that is a big pile of sand on the floor when it's broken....

Sand filled glass ornaments were/are pretty popular from places like devon and I remember parents buying some when I was younger. They didn't last long.

While I'm sure some people will like the 'life balance' stuff you're refering to, I don't have time to worry over that sort of stuff in all honesty so I'm kind of struggling to see the reason for it.... also what happens when things overlap, family and personal growth could easily be linked with the birth of a baby for example (personal growth as you're becoming a parent with said responsibilities and family because you've added to it type of thing)

Think I had an Isle of Wight coloured sand glass lighthouse- can't remember it's longevity though.
I liked the looking at the colorful jars of pulses and orange lentils in the kitchen better.
But I guess you want critique of the design though not the product.?
The cardboard packaging is very well done, and the theme of sinking text is interesting, if they don't sink too far.

I really love the idea and think whilst it may not be everyone’s tastes there is definitely a market for it. The design is very professional and just looking at the bottles makes you feel quite relaxed and mellow. I feel it will make a good gift for the right person - it’s just making sure the right people see it.

Back