Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letter Press Business Card - Help!

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by hardsy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. hardsy

hardsy Junior Member

Hi all,

I am currently setting up my own design company and have a feq questions regarding an idea i have for the business cards and i thought this might be the best place after endless searching on the web.

The ideas i have are:

1. Triplex Business Card
    Black inner to be sandwhiched by 2 thinner white pieces

What board thicknesses would be good for this? I dont want it to be any heavier than 540g overall and the black to be thicker than the 2 white pieces to create more of an edge than a sandwhich.

I have been looking at the cotton cards (traditional letterpress) and do they have a perfectly smooth card, as all seem to be texturised?

I am also thinking of blind debossing the logo on one side, so thickness again needs to be taken into account?

example (but thicker black and thinner white)

2. Painted Edge Card + Deboss
    Simple 1 colour white card 540g thickness? Can anyone suggest a smooth card for this?

Would this be thick enough to deboss on one side without it showing through (logo punched in NOT out!)

3. Painted Edge Card
    Do all painted edge business cards need to be printed using traditional letterpress methods? I really like the look of this and wondered how the logo had its shine and noticed the smoothness of the card which is what im ideally after

To sum it up

Basically im after the following:

Smooth White Business Cards
    540gsm thickness (give or take but no thicker)
    Painted edges or Triplexing
    Logo to either be coloured and 'shiny' as example 3
    Logo to be colourless and just debossed

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!:up: