Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaflet size - help needed

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by aluska, May 16, 2011.

1. aluska

aluska New Member

I just want to make sure if I got it right.

If it says "Portrait A4 leaflet folded in 3", does it mean that it's 1/3 A4 (DL), after folding? :)

thanks for help :)
  2. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

No... Portrait A4 folded in 3 should mean that the folded size is 70x297mm!

Do 'they' mean a 6pp A4? Which would be a flat size of 630 x 297mm that folds to A4 portrait.

Landscape A4 folds in 3 to a 1/3 A4(DL) leaflet and is usually termed 6pp 99x210mm (or 6pp DL - but that's not strictly correct!)

Hope this helps....
  3. aluska

aluska New Member

Thanks for your reply.

I think that "Portrait A4 folded in 3" is very confusing way of describing the size of a leaflet.
    Surley can't be 70x297mm leaflet.

Maybe they meant "portrait" after folding. My guess is that it's 1/3 A4 vertical, or like you mentioned 3xA4 (630 x 297mm), folding to to A4 portrait.

hmmmm, confused...

4. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

This is what I would assume.
  5. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

I would equate portrait A4 folded in three (sections) as being two folds.

The end result being 210 (width) x 99 (height).

DL (220 x 110) is confusing - an envelope size to fit 210 x 99.

Makes AV look straightforward (which I voted for).

Best wishes

6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

I agree DL is completely the wrong term for a leaflet. You are probably right Peter that the above is a description of a landscape 210x99mm leaflet. I doesn't help when people don't know landscape from portrait!

...and it gets worse when you start talking about 'pages' and 'leaves' when doing multi-page work for non-print-knowledgeable clients.... I always triple check how pages/sides and leaves I am having to quote on!
  7. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I'd go back and ask if there's any doubt.
  8. CheapLeaflets

CheapLeaflets New Member

Not to mention the common term tri-fold - when really there are only 2 folds but 3 panels. It is amazing how long it takes sometimes to work out exactly what a customer wants! :)