Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just graduated

Discussion in 'Design Jobs & Employment Forum:' started by chrishopson1, Jun 15, 2011.

1. chrishopson1

chrishopson1 New Member

Hey, I am wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have recently graduated from the University of Salford studying graphic design and I am completely stuck on where to go from here. It seems everyone around me has a job offer/work placement and I am back at home.
    I am desperate to get into the industry but dont know who to contact. I have sent like 30 emails, called several companies and been onto all the online job boards but each time I get knocked back.
    I am confident I am good enough, my work has been featured in Kerrang magazine and I have won different awards.

Thank you Chris :)
  2. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Hello Chris,

Call several local design agencies and ask to spend 20 minutes talking to them face to face. Explain your objectives.

At the meeting (if you like them / they like you) discuss work experience / specific projects you could help with.
  3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Cool, my bro loves his metal designs and I will delve into a copy of Kerrang now and again. :icon_biggrin: