Just a header

With Nothing Added

It's just a header, but.. is something missing. What? Do you think I can keep it just as simple as it is now?

Attachments

• DF_3.jpg
    DF_3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 29
The simplicity is good.

I would personally stick to 2 fonts and to 2 variants of purple. I like to see navigations on the left or right, not in the middle. But that's just my personal preference.

You could use the flower vector you have an make it cover most of the design as a background at 10% - 20% opacity rate? Not sure, worth experimenting around maybe.

Makes sense; I’ve used 9%. I’ll think about the fonts; maybe it’s best if I do that when I’ve chosen an html font for the copy (I’m not using web fonts because they seem to lack cross browser compatibility). So far the idea is: a font for the logo, one for the menu and everything that is part of the dialogue with the viewer, and one that suits a playful style for the slogan. I do like the menu on the right, especially if is also aligned on the right; it communicates stability, I think. But I’m experimenting with doing the header, the footer and the main area one at a time. Let’s see what comes out :D

In the dictionary I’ve found that functionality can be both countable or uncountable. Not sure what communicates development best. Or does it make a difference?

Attachments

• DF_4.jpg
    DF_4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi!

I made some small variations. Maybe when the design is all done I'll remove the pattern on top, or maybe not, not sure.

I've made more space between the large transparent ding and the pattern on top and underneath. Decrease the transparency to 11%. I've removed one colour (the lettering now is the same colour as the logo) etc..

I like Mistral for 'only pure design' although it's been used a lot in every sort of design, including in plastic bags in a super market. It's a good font though.

Please tell me your opinions. Thanks! :)

Attachments

• DF_5.jpg
    DF_5.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DF_6.jpg
    DF_6.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 13
I like the second version with the changed pure design font - though that script font is nearing comic sans status imo. Maybe try a different script font?

Also I don't like the squares much they seem at odds with the rest of the design.

Like the simplicity don't lose that

don't like the squares up top and bottom and to me the flower needs to be either centred or moved over to the left more, even if it means losing some of the left side of the flower.

the only pure design font doesn't work either, you can't easily read it

Hi all. I made some more changes to the design; every mock-up have different script fonts, but they can be shifted.

Levi said:
the only pure design font doesn't work either, you can't easily read it

That’s a very good point. I think it’s because Mistral is a form of continental hand writing. In the UK no one writes like that. Thanks for noticing it.

Attachments

• DF_11.jpg
    DF_11.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 6
  • DF_11_1.jpg
    DF_11_1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DF_11_2.jpg
    DF_11_2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DF_11_3.jpg
    DF_11_3.jpg