jQuery Sites vs multiple page sites?

S

Squiddy

I was just wondering whether it might be easier to simply have each page of your website on a slide of a jQuery/alternative application instead of having different html files for each page of the website. Obviously this would be more for smaller websites which consist of less than 10 pages - of which there are plenty - and not the thousands page sites with large databases etc.

How would this factor in to SEO if that were the case? I assume that due to a higher level of relevant content focussed on a single URL it would be of great benefit.

What are your opinions on the matter?

Squiddy said:
I was just wondering whether it might be easier to simply have each page of your website on a slide of a jQuery/alternative application instead of having different html files for each page of the website. Obviously this would be more for smaller websites which consist of less than 10 pages - of which there are plenty - and not the thousands page sites with large databases etc.

How would this factor in to SEO if that were the case? I assume that due to a higher level of relevant content focussed on a single URL it would be of great benefit.

What are your opinions on the matter?

I just did my first full jQuery page, and looked into the SEO part a little bit. It sounded like it would work just as well, if not better, depending on how you put it all together.
Be sure to make good use of the h1 h2 h3 tags (at the very least), and you should be good.

So long as you can see all your relevant content when turning off java/ CSS, you will be fine, from what I read anyways.

These pages are definitely a lot cleaner, and once loaded, faster. I really like the technique!

I've done some stuff which is predominantly jQuery through mobile sites, I can't say I'm a fan, but it does depend on the site.

I think I am far to used to building massive data heavy sites.

Squiddy said:

Most likely, this would be bad for SEO. You need to tune each page for keywords and phrases, optimise your HTML title and use the Hx tags appropriately. If you've got most of your content stuffed into one document, you'll actually have too much dilution and weaker relevance. You also need to cater for deep linking.

Back