• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Issue with cutting out circles

Ok, So I'm new at graphic Design, but I have been using Photoshop for a while and have CS6 (just in case it makes a difference in my responses)

My problem - I have been designing some cover work for a while now for 1 person for his music,

The idea is to get an image, cut a circle from it, then a smaller one inside that (- rotate this one at the end of the process) and then another smaller circle inside that

My problem arises when I go to cut the second circle, I am using a fixed size and working in pixels, so For the first circle the size is something like 1342 px X 1342 px

Then my next one is 1032 px X 1032 px

Next is 724 px X 724 px

Now, when I got to rotate the middle circle I end up with it not rotating perfectly, I have the center spot in the same place but I have a band appearing around the edge, it's like it isn't a perfect circle, though i'm sure it is because of how I have used the measurements...

Please, where could I be going wrong?

Paul Murray

Staff member
Do you have an example of this, a screenshot perhaps? My first thought is that it's a result of working with pixels, the smaller the size of the circles, the less smooth the outer edges will be.

jooty

Do you have an example of this, a screenshot perhaps? My first thought is that it's a result of working with pixels, the smaller the size of the circles, the less smooth the outer edges will be.
Yeah i'd say Paul is right. Do you have illustrator?