Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indesign cs5 saving book as pdf

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by Rchad89, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Rchad89

Rchad89 Junior Member

hi guys,
    just signed up to the website but since i have a question to ask, I thought id come straight here instead of making 2 posts with a introduction.

Right my question is that i need to save my magazine as a pdf.

my magazine is 40 pages, i want to perfect bound this . so obviously i will be only printing 36 pages as a magazine, Then the other 4 pages will be the front/back cover to be attached afterwards.

when i print in indeisgn for perfect bound to my printer, indesign re-arranges the pages in the correct oder so when i fold them they match up.
    e.g (4,1 / 2,3 / 8,5 / 6,7 ect) and when its folded up it reads ( 1 / 2,3/ 4,5 / 6,7 / 8 ect)

but since im not using my printer i need the magazine to be printed from a PDF file.
    when i save as a pdf it just saves in order (1-36) so when it goes to print its not in the correct order that my magazine needs to be.

could anyone tell me how i can save this in the correct order for perfect bound as a pdf.
    if i cant do it so simply could anyone tell me the easiest way to get these pages in the correct order.

2. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

welcome to the forum. saving it as a pdf ordered normally should be fine as most printers will order it themselves before print, just state to them exactly how you want it.