Indesign and Amending Large Copy

Chris Lord

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody has a good technique when working on a text heavy publication, for dealing with amended copy back and forth with the client.

One way would be to have a text document which they edit, but then you have to copy and paste back in, and then furthermore apply the stylings again...

Surely there is a better way?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Greg,

I'm using CS5. I do have character and style sheets set-up, so reformatting pasted in copy isn't too much of an issue. It is really how best to make large text changes to the document on both of our ends.

For example, right now, the client has maybe too much copy then they'd like. So I will send them a PDF proof, and they will edit the copy to 'fit' or potentially loose quite a bit of text and change other bits. So it's really keeping a master copy of the text (maybe in word?!) so nobody has to retype things etc.

Thanks for the input, I'll have a look into it. I think we just have to be careful and make sure documents are renamed as versions, and where changes are made, use a different colour etc...

Back