I'm struggling please advise.

Ritchie2018

Hi Folks

I am trying to design an Autumn poster, but seem to have come to a mental block.
I cant seem to get the boxes of photos and text to look any good.

This will also go on a Website and style the Website.

Can anybody please help me?

Thanks

Ritchie

Attachments

• 713EAD20-C5C4-4863-AD17-D14FAED7391B.jpeg
    713EAD20-C5C4-4863-AD17-D14FAED7391B.jpeg
    592.1 KB · Views: 15
What do you mean the poster will go on a website?

Do you mean you will use the colours to style the website?

Too many leaves, not enough models - you need to crop in better and then you can get them bigger. They are a bit lost
on that orange background, which is a bit grainy - too much noise.

Text at the top might be better white out and bigger - do you have a better main image - need to see eyes I think.

Too many leaves, not enough models - you need to crop in better and then you can get them bigger. They are a bit lost
on that orange background, which is a bit grainy - too much noise.

Text at the top might be better white out and bigger - do you have a better main image - need to see eyes I think.

Hi Wardy

Thanks,
This is posted in low res, and its a stock Photo.
I cant seem to think how to arrange the boxes and text at the bottom.
Is there a rule to go by please?

Thanks

I'm guessing this is just a project and not an actual job? If it's just a stock photo, find a better one, and make sure it shows
some actual product, presuming we're talking fashion here.

The layout is sort of ok but the images need to be bigger to show off the products better. Choice of font could be a lot better too.

Just Google 'fashion poster' or 'fashion advertising' for some inspiration.

Hi Wardy

How would you or anybody specifically improve this poster

As in
1. What font style would you use?
2. How would you arrange the boxes?

If anybody else can add or improve on Watd’s suggestion, that would be great.

Ritchie

It's very difficult for us to advise on layout and font choices (lose the serif for starters) as there are so many variables to choose from.
It's a lot easier for us to critique something you've done, so just have another go.

As I say, have a Google and do a bit of research first.

Honestly that design is just too rigid and structured imo. Needs a little more 'looseness' to the design.

Hi Levi
Would you mind elaborating please?

What are the good points about it?
I didn't say any good points....there's not exactly much to judge.

I can't really elaborate either, it's one of those things where you look at it and get a feeling about what's wrong with it.

Please close this account !!

Regards..
Sorry but If you can't take critique, which to be fair we're judging work on a very small amount of information, you might as well stop trying to be a designer as it will be a lot worse when dealing with clients face to face.

As harsh as that sounds the reality of design is that you will get a lot of 'negative' feedback and if you can't get past a client disliking what you're doing, in other words you're taking things personally, then you're basically screwed.

We try and help out people who get stuck as best we can but we can only go so far when there is very limited amounts of information available to work with.

Back