Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illustrator cut & paste

Discussion in 'Adobe Forum:' started by the design shop, Mar 21, 2011.

1. the design shop

the design shop New Member

Is there a way to isolate an object or group of objects, in illustrator (hopefully by selecting it) and simply save it as a jpg or other format for easy placement into another application, not adobe, in my case rapid weaver
    I mean, Like copy /paste between illustrator files, only to the desktop as a jpeg . I am acheiving a form of this using screen shots or screengrabs but this is very limiting. please help
  2. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

I don't think there is specifically an "export selected" function in Illy.

I would thinnk the easiest might be to just copy and paste the item you want into a new doc and export from there
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  3. djb

djb Member

You could set up a slice and save it for web each time?
  4. the design shop

i have found the crop tool isolates a portion of the screen and then it can be saved as a .png but I am having trouble with the resolution of the Images, can anyone help with making the image clearer. its looking like screen grab pics are hard to beat. (wierd)
  5. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

That is...strange to say the least.

Are you saving for web & devices or Exporting? if you Export as a png you get the option to save as 300dpi / high quality kinda thing
  6. the design shop

i will try that thanks, as I was saving for web devices. No doubt there are settings for that function somewhere?