Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illustration copyright issue

Discussion in 'Illustration Forum:' started by Carmen Davies, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Carmen Davies

Carmen Davies New Member

I have an idea that includes an illustration of a ballet dancer. So, as I dont really know anybody who has the physique or ability of a ballet dancer to take a photo of I was going to just find an image on a stock photo website and then trace or illustrate their pose that way.

Is it ok to do this if it is for reproducing for a live brief? or does the photo have to be an original of mine or purchased first.
  2. Moominbaby

Moominbaby Member

I wouldn't have thought so as the illustration is yours, as long as your not including any of the original phot you should be fine. :)
  3. Vanquish

Vanquish Member

As an illustrator myself, ive always found it better to draw from scratch, as there is a tad more pride, but if you can trace and make that picture your own, you still have the pride of producing a design which youve worked on by yourself. people do it with websites all the time, so why cant illustrators, give it a go, or try both and see what happens? :)