Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE8 issues

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by TomStutt, Oct 7, 2009.

1. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Hi

Im doing a website at the moment and its coming along very nicely. Looks great in safari, firefox, chrome and IE8 on my home pc but when i look at it on my work pc which is also running IE8 it look different. I have no idea why this is.

Both machines have IE8 so why would it change.:mad:

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Cheers

2. Becky

Becky Member

Have you check the ever so awesome 'compatibility mode' button? Maybe one of the machines has it turned off/on whilst the other doesn't?

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Also are they the same OS, screen res?

4. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

no. one is XP with 17" screens and the other is windows 7 and 17" widescreen. could this be the problem?

5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I'm not sure if IE8 is affected by different OS' but it is a possibility.

Essentially if they have different screen width resolutions this could cause issues, as one or the other could not be designed for.

6. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

screenshots would be useful but I would say it could be down to screen resolutions to, depending on how the site is coded it could be stretching the info across the page more on the 17" widescreen

7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

or could be too condensed on the non widescreen.

8. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

on the widescreen it looks good in ie, firefox, safari and chrome but on the non widescreen its just playing up with ie.

i built my website on the same machine and it looks right on the non widescreen i use at work

weird

9. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

il try and do some screen shots tonight