Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE8 is finally here

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by Jazajay, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Now I'm not sure where this should go web coding and development, maybe but as it is technically software that effects the way a site look I suppose this is the best place for it.

But Internet Explorer 8 is now here for everyone to use.

Jaz :)

2. tim

tim Senior Member

Not for everyone... Macs?!? unless you're Dual OS-ing it. :)

Makes no difference... Safari 4 for me!

3. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Lol... Their website doesn't work properly in Firefox. There's a Horisontal Scroller and the gradient cuts off. :)

Internet Explorer 8: Tour

4. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Err.....I cant see it in mine. :D
    O no wait I can, lol.

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Microsoft fails again! :p

6. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Now the question is, whether to upgrade or keep 7 for testing purposes. I wish I could run 6/7/8 on the same computer :cry:

7. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

You can add the meta which displays IE8 in IE7 mode, I have however in the beta noticed a few discrepancies in how IE7 and IE8 run JavaScript, mainly Ajax. This isn't fixed by the meta though, and I am pretty sure it is a fix TBH, but regardless it is a pain in the ass.

Ideally you want 2 computers, one running XP with IE7 and Tredsofts IE6 software on it, and 1 running IE8 IMO and you can then run all 3.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

Jaz

Key:
    Purple ~ XHTML

8. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Yeah Jaz. I'm amazed someone hasn't made a viable program for Vista to run all 3 side by side.

9. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Yeah the problem I think is that Vista wont allow IE6 to work on it due to the upgraded OS.
    I know the guy at Tredsoft tried but it's just not possible.
    Now IE8's out he may do a work around for IE7 and IE8 but I don't know TBH.

10. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Hopefully. I'm more than happy to run IE7 and IE8 side by side, 6 is hopefully dying a painful death.

11. tim

tim Senior Member

IE = fail.

12. Harry

Harry Senior Member

The Tredosoft thing is buggy as hell though.