Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon style

Discussion in 'Illustration Forum:' started by pully80, Jun 21, 2016.

1. pully80

pully80 New Member

I really like these styled icons, can anyone help on how they would have been created?

Tried a few things but cannot seem to really replicate how they've been done.

Hope someone can help.

Attached Files:

2. Athos

Athos Member

Probably by using the array tools with illustrator for the rest pen tool...The effect works fine for most of them but not really interesting onto the audio headset, the credit card and the lock..Looks a little bit strange.....

3. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Illustrator's blend tool has probably been used.

Draw the first path and the last path, select them both then object > blend > blend options select 'specified steps' and then the number of lines you'd like within the transition. click 'ok' then (still with the 2 paths selected) go to object > blend > Make.

4. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Second vote for the blend tool.

5. pully80

pully80 New Member

Thanks for the replies, really appreciate your help. I had a quick look and this is definitely the way they've been created. I've had a play around in creating one.

I have attached an example of on the the basic ones and the problem i'm experiencing now is when I go to combine the paths after expanding them is that it joins them together but creates extra width for some reason. Any ideas on how to stop this?

Attached Files:

6. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Try making the object larger before you join them. This is one of the most annoying things about Illustrator, it drives me mad!