I need help getting a certain effect in Photoshop

Mark Harold

New Member
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and need a bit of help with a project. Would anyone know how to get an effect like the clouds shown in the picture below? thanks



Well-Known Member
It's difficult to tell from such a small pic, but it doesn't look like an 'effect' to me, just a nice bit of painting. Could have been done traditionally
but most likely in Photoshop like you say. All about having the right brushes, imagination, references etc.

Paul Murray

Staff member
I'd play around with different layering of cloud imagery. Apply a Gradient Map effect to each one to alter the colours and use some alpha blending to bring them all together.