I need an easily updatable Wordpress site

Anagoge

Hi people. After having my current site (The Work Of Neil Martin) for a while now and never being quite happy with it, I've decided that it's time for a breath of fresh air. I'm not only redesigning my site, but giving my identity a refresh as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not a coder so I'm here to see who'd like to work with me to produce what I need. I've posted the below on Elance (I'm not keen on it in general but it does at least have a good directory of providers), but I'd prefer to work with someone who's on DF. I posted on Elance first before I remembered about DF.

My budget is around the £350 mark, but I'm willing to increase this after I get a better idea of how much it might cost.

I don't think my requirements are too complex. In fact, the coding is simpler than my current one, but basically, I want to be able to add a new post in Wordpress with description, add five or six photos of Project X, click submit and have it generate its own Project X page. I also want a thumbnail of Project X to show up on the homepage with a title and excerpt.

The portfolio section is on the main page and will be housed within a horizontal scrollbar section, similar to Pentagram's new website: Pentagram I want something similar on my site and can provide PSD mockups to whoever I end up working with.

My blog needs to be migrated over to the new site. There's a fair amount of posts on my current site and I'd like to keep them.

When I say new site, I do mean a completely new site. As in literally not using the same server. I plan on buying hosting somewhere else. If you can sort this out, I'd rather you do it as I hate setting hosting up.

So, to clarify, I want:

• An easily updatable Wordpress website. Design is done. You just need to code the backend and slice my PSD files up.
  • You need to know how to add X page and update the main page accordingly with a thumbnail of X page automatically grabbed from one of the images in X page's images.
  • The gallery area will be similar to Pentagram's horizontal scrolling, but all projects will be linked to their own page, whereas Pentagram's opens on the same page.
  • I need new hosting. If you can sort it out instead of me, I'd prefer that.
  • My budget is set at £350 currently, but I'm willing to go higher based on the quotes that I receive.
Hopefully this is enough information to whet your appetite. God knows the amount of clients on here never seem to give enough info, specifically budget!

If you fancy working together, send me an email to neil AT theworkof.co.uk and let me know if you can work your magic.

Cheers.
Neil

Back