Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTML Email - CSS

Discussion in 'Tenders & Services Required Forum:' started by CSparkes, Oct 6, 2010.

1. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Never had a problem coding webpages, but all email browsers/clients seem to handle emails so differently and are throwing up wobblies.

Have a HTML design that need taken across and confirmed will work in any email client.

- Yahoo
    - Gmail
    - Hotmail
    - Outlook 03 & 07
    - Mac Mail
    - Entourage

Email me craig [atttt] flexifoil [dot...] com

There are likely to be at least 4 others in the next few weeks also.

Too busy to read through and keep playing to try and get so would rather out source!
  2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Best bet for coding an email is to use no CSS whatsoever. Guaranteed cross-client compatibility.
  3. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Completely pointless for Email adverts for brand.
  4. Harry

Harry Senior Member

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

I may be getting my wires well and truly crossed here, but I think using images for branded sections of e-mail newsletters is the best way forward? You can then keep any CSS to a minimum as inline styles for the main text content?

I'd suggest getting in touch with Andy (TBWCF) he helped me with the DF Contest newsletter a while back and did a great job :)
  6. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Tables, inline images and very little css = compatible email :)
  7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

8. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

You can have solid background colors :)
  9. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Don't be afraid to put images inside font tags! And make sure you don't use words like discount, saving, free...
  10. jason_ballard

jason_ballard Junior Member

11. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

12. jason_ballard

jason_ballard Junior Member

No problem :D
  13. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

glad you got it sorted dude!