Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP Vivera Print heads

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by Ozwaldo Sanchez, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Bonjour all… have been given a HP Officejet Pro K550 for the home office. Don't think it has been used for a while and after installation on the mac, I have found out that the it only prints using cyan and magenta!!:icon_mad:

Looking at the on-board utilities widget thingie-ma-bob it is saying that the cartridges are all 3/4ers full (one for each process colour) and that both print heads are in good working order.

It seems to me that the c/m print head is fine as is. but the y/k print head is (i'm guessing) dried up and blocked.

Have run a few of the self-clean programmes but no joy!

So, anyone out there know a way of cleaning / unblocking a dried up print head?
    i'm guessing (again) that it needs to sit in a bath of alcohol for a hour or two (wish i could do the same!!!) to de-clog the dried up ink. Anyone else know what will work?

If i need to spend the £50 odd to get a new one i will, but would like to see if i can get a 'claimed ok' piece working first.

Thanx a million.

Oz

2. Ok have found out the answer for myself. It is the alcohol bath thats needed. So next question for you all (or myself in a couple of weeks!) Where can i get pure alcohol from????

Have tried various places (boots/asda pharmacy et al.) but the best they can do is surgical spirit. Am going to give this a go me thinks, or am i better off using vodka??