Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would I do this? (Logo)

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Jimbob 2705, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Jimbob 2705

Jimbob 2705 New Member

Hi All,

I am really sorry if this is the wrong forum, I don't really know where to post this question. :icon_blushing:

Basically, my parents want to get their logo printed on a flag, but we only have a JPEG of the Logo, and it isn't really good enough quality (it is a big flag! :icon_biggrin:).

Now this logo was designed a while ago, and we can't seem to get a better quality one, without getting someone to redo it.

I am willing it have a go at it myself, but I was wondering what would be the best way about it? I have the Adobe Design CS 5.5

Any help would really be appreciated!:icon_smile:

Logo : [​IMG]
    Mountain Mayhem Logo by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr

Thanks and ATB

2. 8th

8th New Member

I would personally re-do the logo.

Like you said, It's a bit dated and not saved in the correct format.
  3. Jimbob 2705

Jimbob 2705 New Member

When you say 're-do the logo', do you mean re-draw it (so better format and better quality) or re-design it?

The problem with re-designing it is that we have a lot of things with the logo on, such as work clothes for marshals, signs, website, etc.
    It would be a huge cost to replace this all (around 25 new shirts, fleeces, jumpers, coats, etc

Thanks and ATB

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

It'll be very easy to re-draw. All of the edges are pretty straight so would be very simple to go over with the pen tool in illustrator.
  5. Jimbob 2705

Jimbob 2705 New Member

Thanks for that!

So would I just simply go around the edges with the pen, so around the black of each letter, then around the yellow of each letter? Also, how would I fill it with colour?

Thanks and ATB

6. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

I think you may be worth taking a look at some beginners tutorials for Illustrator. But just to say filling with colour and outline colouring is dead easy :thumb:
  7. Jimbob 2705

Jimbob 2705 New Member

I have tried to find some suitable tutorials, but I can't really find anything which is useful.

I don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to post a link?

Thanks and ATB

8. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

9. ahcstudio

ahcstudio Member

Illustrator's live trace tool and some edits with the pen tool would nail this pretty quickly, and give you a scalable vector version to print any size!
  10. Websynergi

Websynergi New Member

Yes, live trace and then maybe simplify to clean up extra points. That should make it easier to edit.
    Alternatively redo it completely, use the envelope distort to get the warped text effect.
  11. TheBlackBinLiner

TheBlackBinLiner New Member

Why not distort the type? It looks like the font is Crillee Bold Italic.
    Type it in then convert the type to outlines.
    Colour to black.
    Pen draw/trace the flame "o"
    Then offset the whole path with yellow.
    Add the black drop shadow.
    Then distort the whole thing with mesh warp.
    I would advise having the original JPG on a layer beneath your artwork as a reference (particularly for the distortion)
    Jobs a good-un?
  12. OllieGuy

OllieGuy New Member

You might me able to use this site to help you convert the image to a vector.