• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to recreate killbill still film scene/make set?


#1
I'm studying a photography module and have got to recreate this scene as a still photography piece/replica. I've got to use models/people and make the set miniture (seperatly and photoshop them all in together)

Any ideas on how to make the set? I'm thinking little peices of foam board for the structure (box) flour for the snow, paint the sky/background. I don't know how to make the trees....

Any help?


p.s. i'm not a crafter! struggling :mad::confused:
.....my lecturer wants me to do this scene before anyone suggests change. We will be marked a lot on the actual hand made mini set! (i know its mad)
 
#10
where can i get these model thingys from online? we don't really have anything in stoke where i live.


anyone got any links pleeeeease?

p.s. I love red dwarf
 
#11
How can you make a 'Kill Bill' model if your fingers can't even type 'model shop' into Google?.

It's not difficult and it is your course...

Gladston's ...it's my local model shop and has everything you need.

Funny there's loads more on that list.
 
#13
Typo said:
How can you make a 'Kill Bill' model if your fingers can't even type 'model shop' into Google?.

It's not difficult and it is your course...

Gladston's ...it's my local model shop and has everything you need.

Funny there's loads more on that list.
I obviously have searched the web for sites, my fingers can type it into google perfectly well thankyou very much but its always best to get advice from forums too.
I just wanted to check out your links & suggestions first before I buy
Thanks for the link Levi :)
 

Jimlad

Well-Known Member
#15
Green pipe cleaners for trees I say, if you can't buy models. Might mark you higher for model MAKING rather than purchasing.

Have you looked into your local Games Workshop? Those guys'll be bound to have terrain modelling stuff.
 
#16
its OK, but I do think allot of you forget that us students are still learning and have never tackled projects like this yet. We haven't come on here to show off, We know we ask silly questions but we come on here to ask for advice and look up to people like yourself. Before anybody criticizes: think back to when it was your early days.

However I am thankful for the link, I will check it out and post a photo once I'm done :)
thanks
 
#17
Jimlad said:
Green pipe cleaners for trees I say, if you can't buy models. Might mark you higher for model MAKING rather than purchasing.

Have you looked into your local Games Workshop? Those guys'll be bound to have terrain modelling stuff.
Great idea Jimlad!
I don't want spend TOO MUCH you see

ahh Didn't think of GAMES!
 

Jimlad

Well-Known Member
#20
Josella said:
Great idea Jimlad!
I don't want spend TOO MUCH you see

ahh Didn't think of GAMES!
No problem, just to be EXTRA helpful...

Modelling Supplies at Games Workshop
There's one in Stoke, on Sheffield Road. They even have modelling snow but it's a fiver a tub, and probably very small. It seems to be mainly for painting the bases of those little models they use to play the games.