Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To List Things?

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I offer graphic and web design services. In my portfolio, I have them sorted as general, so you can view all my projects at once.

When a client has asked for a logo and a website, what would you lead with? I keep getting torn between having all the logos as the thumbnail images, and then all the projects inside, but then, I didn't do all the logos.

Confused :icon_Wall:

2. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Logo and branding first. Can't design a website to a brand that doesn't exist yet.

3. Tony Hardy

What about when all I've been tasked with is a website and a small header for it?
    Or a quick freshen of an old logo?

4. creativeideal

creativeideal New Member

Agreed ^ Show the logo/brand first then you can move onto how you have used the logo for stationary, web design etc..

5. ARRIVALS

If you've got them all sorted in one menu I'd do it like this.

For projects that you've done logo/branding and website, use the logo for thumbnail. Then the website inside it. Are you going to put tags underneath each image? Branding/ Website etc..?

For projects that you've designed a website, plus banners, use a thumbnail of the site, with the banners inside it.

I always order things like this.

Logo/branding, stationary, website, print.

6. Tony Hardy

No bother, so the Tasty Treats, even thought it was just some kerning and a colour change, would you use the logo for the thumbnail?

7. ARRIVALS

Kerning and colour change to what, the logo?

8. Tony Hardy

Yeah. That's all, it's a typeface.

9. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Is anyone gonna know that though? :icon_biggrin:

10. ARRIVALS

Doesn't really matter, you've still worked on the brand, so use a thumbnail of the brand.