Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to insert swf into flash doc?

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by BenJonesDesign, Aug 13, 2010.

1. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to flash but at the moment I'm using it to redesign my online portfolio. What I need to do for one bit is to import an swf file, which is a clock, into my flash website stage, when I test the movie the whole movie seems to have a flashing effect, any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

2. Just out of curiosity, why are you designing your portfolio in Flash? :)

3. BenJonesDesign

well my current portfolio is just, well drab. After researching it seems so many people's portfolio's are original and interactive, so I wanted to do something similar. My idea is to re-create a mac screen. I already have the icons sorted and animating as the mac icons do. My next step is to figure out the clock problem to make it more realistic, and then after I will be creating screens that appear on the click of icons to display a gallery of each different aspect of my design work.

4. BenJonesDesign

that's cool but i've never used wordpress, i think for now i will stick to what i'm familiar with and at a later stage give it a go. I wanted to learn flash in more detail so building this website will be a good learning curve