How to change the label on the menu bar in flash CS4?

Sorry mate, I got sidetracked when I got home (my fiance got me calling up a few suppliers of stuff to get quotes and that took my evening away - and talking to the in-laws :)) I will see if i can find what i'm looking for now :)

this link will tell you where to find the symbols (and one of the symbols should be the menu)

linkness

can you upload the swf file at all? if you can then it might help?

chrismitchell said:
this link will tell you where to find the symbols (and one of the symbols should be the menu)

linkness

can you upload the swf file at all? if you can then it might help?

yep

http://workspace.office.live.com/?wa=wsignin1.0#herfeez1/Documents

both the fla and swf files are in my documents in my office live workspace

yeah i did do it that way also. when i got to the scripts...........the menu(buttons) are listed as item1-6 but they are assigned to variables 1-6 not labels itself. So for example the button About Us is variable 1. All i need to do is just where i can change the value of the variables.
If you are pretty good with flash then try to change the label but if not i dont want you to spend so much time on it but you can do it at home if you have the chance.

just about to go out now.

righto mate.. well looking at the swf file.. its nice looking, but this is how you need to look at it, you need to get into the symbols drop down, which i've illustrated on this picture here :)

This will have a drop down of all sorts of things, one of them should be the name of the buttons or text. I will open the fla if I can today, i'm downloading a trial version of flash as i don't have flash at the office :lol:

chrismitchell said:
righto mate.. well looking at the swf file.. its nice looking, but this is how you need to look at it, you need to get into the symbols drop down, which i've illustrated on this picture here :)

This will have a drop down of all sorts of things, one of them should be the name of the buttons or text. I will open the fla if I can today, i'm downloading a trial version of flash as i don't have flash at the office :lol:

just wondering if you managed to edit the menu bar

oh bugger mate.. completely forgot :eek: i'm terribly sorry matey... can you PM me with the log in details and I will definitely do it tonight!

damn feel a bit useless right now :eek:

All this wedding stuff has taken over my life at the moment

chrismitchell said:
oh bugger mate.. completely forgot :eek: i'm terribly sorry matey... can you PM me with the log in details and I will definitely do it tonight!

damn feel a bit useless right now :eek:

All this wedding stuff has taken over my life at the moment

Bad Bad Man! thought you was on my case..............:(

its alright, i gave up on it but i just wanted to know how to. I don't like working with flash but they do look cool if they load faster.

i will pm u d login details

thanks

"Its not a bad thing but a blessing when a wedding takes over ones life"..................h_freezy

i hope your fiancee likes my quote :clap:

I'm sure she will love it :)

and i'll look into the flash file thingy tonight :)

Ok I managed to do it, if you look at the screenshot below the symbol you want is called title then double click the boxes on the stage like the screenshot and you can edit the titles of the buttons.

think there is something wrong with my flash cos i can't see anything on the screen. When i click title it is blank. there is no action script on it also.

Back