Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much to charge - web app!

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by hankscorpio, Oct 16, 2014.

1. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

How Much Should I Charge? - nuSchool

Someone pointed me at this earlier - and I did a few tests on it - seems reasonable enough.

What do others think about something like this?

Obviously, it's only a starting point, and you should always have a contract before starting a job - and I always request 50% upfront before commencing.

List of sample contracts here
    The Collective Legal Guide For Designers (Contract Samples) | Smashing Magazine

More here
    AIGA | AIGA Standard Form of Agreement for Design Services

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I ran through this with some previous projects in mind, and the prices were pretty close to the final invoice amounts. Good find.

hankscorpio likes this.
  3. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

This confirms what I thought... my hourly rate x the number of hours, doesn't = what I get paid.

4. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

Wow, I am thoroughly impressed. This is the best thing I have seen in the while. I did a test and it was pretty much bang on, the only difference is I usually round up fees to the nearly multiple of 5. I would say the app is too precise! It is incredible.

Hank, I had to give you a 'Thanks' and a 'Like' as just one or the other wasn't enough for this find!

5. hankscorpio

You could give me money, or whiskey, or cake...

6. @GCarlD

Why choose? Send me your account details and your favourite cake. Will Jack Daniels suffice?

7. hankscorpio

Eh no - Jack Daniels is not a whiskey, I am offended.

8. @GCarlD

Lol Damn it, you got me. I take it you don't like the 'Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey.' (I was going for something cheap haha).

9. hankscorpio

If there was nothing else I would. But 30 year Bushmills is where it's at!