Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much to charge for a shop sign...

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by davewill, Dec 14, 2009.

1. davewill

davewill Senior Member

A friend has asked me to design a shop sign for a new business, (selling old fashioned sweets) I've never done sign design before tho, any ideas how to structure a quote with this being such a specific job?
    Thanks guys, I'd appreciate any feedback!
    ________
    Live sex

2. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

still a logo design underneath it all.

3. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

id charge the time it takes me

4. davewill

davewill Senior Member

Yeh I guess ur right mrp, but I've never really done freelance logo design before either so I don't know how people usually stucture their costings.normally when I do freelance work I charge hourly, but with this being a logo/sign is it best to charge a one off rate, or break the cost down into initial ideas, development, final artwork, additional amendments etc?
    ________
    Web shows

5. Mohammad

Mohammad Guest

Well this would be more work than the logo wont it.

6. I would charge it like Mike suggested but maybe charge it like a brochure or flyer as the work involved might be a little bit more :)

7. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

Hourly rate x the hours the job takes you.

8. davewill

davewill Senior Member

thanks for the replies guys. with not doing something like this before tho its hard to know how long it will take me to do the job, so hourly rate x time taken would help afterwords to work out the costs, but the client wants a quote first before she agrees to the job
    ________
    One Vaporizer Reviews

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Dave,

Do you have a brief for the work? What's the final output for the signmakers, a digital file for them to print onto vinyl? or paths from Illustrator to be cut from vinyl? If you know which way it's going to go that would help with estimating time for the work.

Greg