How much should I charge for menus?

Yajirou

Hi GD Users.

I'm new here.
Just need some advice.

Someone came up to me with a Food (fast food) shop menu and asked me to recreate it, with price changes and different background.

So I thought. Why not. However, the logo was not provided as the original creator lost it.

So I recreated the menu information and recreated the logo from scratch my self- exaxtly the same as the current. Background is my own too.

How much should I actually charge?

Originally. Just recreating it - typing out menu and using different background whilst keeping logo the same was only offered £50. However, I feel like this is too low. But not exactly sure how much to charge.

Ive spent a few hours on it.

Any opinions?

Thanks.

Why are you only now deciding what to charge after you've already done the work? I've personally never done a fast food menu. They're often designing by printers as part of the printing cost, and I don't even attempt to compete with them on price.

How long did you spend on the design? Multiply that by whatever your hourly rate is and there's what you're owed. Whether the client will now accept the cost is another matter entirely though, hence why you should agree a cost before starting work.

Tha
Why are you only now deciding what to charge after you've already done the work? I've personally never done a fast food menu. They're often designing by printers as part of the printing cost, and I don't even attempt to compete with them on price.

How long did you spend on the design? Multiply that by whatever your hourly rate is and there's what you're owed. Whether the client will now accept the cost is another matter entirely though, hence why you should agree a cost before starting work.

Thanks for the response. It was more of an opportunity to get some experience. It wasn't something discussed with me and the client. The person who handed it to me, is a worker at where i am doing an internship, who seems to be a frequent customer or something. And initially handed it to someone else who didn't do it.

I've spent 4 hours on it. Its my first time for something like this. Didn't expect to recreate the logo.

Hi, Yajirou! I'm facing similar problems right now. I want to put a pricelist together, so I can show it to my clients. My lack of experience is the biggest Problem, because I can only estimate how much time and work I will put in creating a Logo e.g. I think my list will change from time to time.

Yes.
I was watching a video and read from another forum that making logos from scratch on your own should be £100+, depending on the company.

I know I just recreated the logo, but logo and leaflet doesn't add up to £50.

Because at the end of the day... We are helping the company/business to make more money.

I'm actually thinking of asking for £150.

Back