How much should i charge for logo designs?

Aonnoy Sengupta

Hello there, I am very new to the world of freelancing and on top of that i took an online course from lynda on graphic designing for 6 months. I am currently building my portfolio which should be done in a week or so. And i am fairly confident enough to start a job as a freelance graphic designer. I have been scouring the internet for pricing and various other stuff. Each blog suggests entirely different things. I am very confused about it. I will be offering to design logos, banners, flyers, brochures and business branding. As you cant tell I am not that experienced at all so how much should i start off with? I feel more confident about the thought of charging a flat fee for my services, because i'm afraid that clients will think im charging way too much if i approach the hourly rates. I haven't worked for a client yet, but i will be advertising myself on facebook and see how that goes.

These are the prices i'm thinking of charging:
logo- £60 (i take a day to complete it)
banners-flyers- £30(one day as well)
brochures- £150 (takes me 2 days to get it done)

Honestly i dont even know if my approach is right or wrong? I mean am i charging too much or too less? Please help me, any suggestions will be highly appreaciated!

If you do a search then you'll find the topic comes up quite a bit on here but you'll struggle to find a definitive answer.

In all honesty, it's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question that's why you're getting lots of different results.

A lot depends on your location, client, level of skill and experience.

At your stage you can't really expect to earn as much as a seasoned pro with years of experience and a killer folio.

There is also the temptation to under-cut yourself.
Don't set out to compete with the <<removed>> model as unless you're in the third world you won't cut it.

If it helps try to think in time and work a day rate out that you're happy with.
From your examples you're looking at UK national minimum to WELL below that.
Also why £60 for a logo and £30 for flyers when they take the same time?
Bare in mine that it's not often you'll be able to do a job such as a logo in a day.
There's usually lots of back and forth between you and the client which takes time and e-mailing which is something you need to factor in.

If you look online for "freelance, rate, calculator" it should turn up some calculators where you enter your living costs and such and it'll give you a minimum rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back