Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make running lists in InDesign CS3

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by Anagoge, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

Here's what I want:

Code:
    1.0 First section beginning at zero      1.1 Dolor set tit consecteur          wrapped to first line      1.2 Nuli sec tet ertu          and the same again here2.0 New top level section      2.1 Etc etc      2.2 And so forth
    The help file tells me how to create 1.1, 1.2 etc., but doesn't go into much detail about how I'd begin at 1.0 and also start a new top level section (i.e. 2.0).

I've had a search already but can't find any decent sites that discuss this. Can someone please give me a decent breakdown of how to create the above?

Thanks.

2. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

Nevermind. I've figured it out. I didn't realise you had to create x amount of styles for each sub-level.

3. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

I had trouble with this a few weeks ago. It's quite complicated isn't it?! Did you figure it out with paragraph styles?

Since I figured it out, I've been using styles more now which is good as it saves time!