Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hourly freelance rate for PR agencies

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by bendiddley, Aug 18, 2013.

1. bendiddley

bendiddley New Member

Hi. I want to start contacting PR agencies for freelance graphic design work but I am not sure how much to charge. I currently do work for design agencies and have hourly rates ranging from £30-£35, I have been working for myself as a graphic designer for 14 years. I would ideally like to charge £40ph but don't want to put a potential client off if this is a bit much. Does anyone have any experience of working with PR agencies or know about them who could help? Thanks in advance.

2. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I feel ridiculous offering you advice as you've got twice as much industry knowledge and experience than I do, however if you feel your time is worth £40 an hour, is there any harm in testing the water with that sort of fee to see how it goes?

3. bendiddley

bendiddley New Member

hi. thanks for your response. i guess i don't want to waste any opportunities by over pricing to start with, maybe it's the only way of finding out though.