Hosting

S

Squiddy

I'm quite happy with my hosting at the moment, however it doesn't handle databases very well and isn't very well designed for me to offer hosting to my clients. There is no simple way for me to give them a separate account which shows only their domains and files, as other sites have.

Can anyone recommend a good provider? I want an unlimited plan including email accounts. Cheers.

Thanks guys, mrp just out of curiosity, why did you stop using Glen?

The Nemo site is under re-construction at the moment but it'll be up on the 30th of this month hopefully, so I'll have another look then - I've filled out the little contact form at the bottom - and I won't forget to mention your name ;)

My place uses Heart, I've used Streamline. Would probably recommend both, both pretty good at responding to tickets etc.

Hearts reseller account and the host of options is incredible. It's probably a little more than I'll need which is why I'm not sure about the £30 per month, but if nothing else captures my interest...

Ultimately I'm looking for a provider that comes with an appropriate system for me to allocate resources between customers, allow them access without having to spend ages setting things up and worrying whether client a can access client b's files etc. Streamline doesn't look like it's very accommodating in that area, considering their biggest package allows for a maximum of 10 websites.

I think I'm sold on Hearts, but I'm going to wait to see what Nemo offers. I'll probably be signing up to a yearly contract.

Squiddy said:
Ultimately I'm looking for a provider that comes with an appropriate system for me to allocate resources between customers, allow them access without having to spend ages setting things up and worrying whether client a can access client b's files etc. Streamline doesn't look like it's very accommodating in that area, considering their biggest package allows for a maximum of 10 websites.

After trying numerous web hosts over many years, l still can't find anything to beat United Hosting. Their technical setup is extremely reliable and well sorted, and support - not that you'll need it - is truly exceptional. Their reseller packages are flexible and each client/site hosting account you set up yourself gets its own cPanel with quotas.

Don't be seduced by unlimited bandwidth and big storage quotes - these are bad signs. Believe me when I say I have to deal with some totally nightmare hosting, but with United I can actually sleep at night; when you provide hosting for clients, this really counts.

Nemo offers the same as Heart, and is about £5 or £10 cheaper I believe, I spend only £20.00 per month on my reseller hosting.

Back