Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey guys

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by JamesDuffield, May 10, 2009.

1. JamesDuffield

JamesDuffield New Member

okay, I'm new here so first of all Hello :)

I used to be really into graphic/web design up until around 2 years ago, when I discovered World of Warcraft (sad I know), but I've recently found myself designing website and graphics again. I came in the posession of the newest Adobe Creative Suite and found myself thinking... 'what the hell :eek:'. Not so much to Photoshop, but Dreamweaver mainly.

So really, I just want to know what I might have missed over the last couple of years? Any advice? Programs I should invest in? etc etc :)

2. Toyegraphics

Toyegraphics Member

Hey James,

welcome to Graphic design forums..

Introduce yourself in the introduction section...

3. dot design

dot design Member

Welcome james, where to start! :icon_biggrin:
    What specific area of design are you interested in?
  4. JamesDuffield

JamesDuffield New Member

Well I'm looking to potentially looking to get into Illustration but don't really know where to start!

I've already got lots of experience using Photoshop and it's elements so :)
  5. GibbW

GibbW New Member

Hi James,

If your looking are designing websites I would use Dreamweaver as a starting basis, anything more serious than that and you'll probably be writing the code yourself. As for the becoming an illustrator, look no further than Adobe Illustrator and getting yourself a Wacom tablet.

p.s. Former WoW addict

6. LovesPrint

LovesPrint Member

Pens/pencils, sketchpads & a scanner may come in handy too :icon_wink:
  7. Maybe buy the latest Design magazines such as Creative Review and Computer Arts...good for keeping you up to date with things.