Help with Title tags!

davewill

can anyone help me with a quick website issue? I have a basic knowledge of web stuff, im more of a print designer, but my boss has just asked me to change something on our company website and the normal web guy isnt here today so i need to do it.

we have just updating our old site with a change to the company name, but when you go to the site now the old company name still displays in the browsers top bar, above the url window.

anyone know how straight forward this is to change and where I would look in dreamweaver to do it?

any help would be really appreciated
________
Dispensaries

What he said, <title> CHANGE ME </title>
at the top of pages / templates
whereever you are able to edit it lol

That will depend on how your site is set up
and sadly we wouldn't be able to tell that easily without seeing the back end code...

If there is a template or Content management system which allows you to edit all pages you may just have to do it once.
If there isn't it may be every page...

If you dont have a cms and your website is just a lot of static pages with the same title, you can use your dream-weavers find and replace to make the change for you.

just wanted to say thanks guys for all your help yesterday! i managed to get it sorted with your advice and i am really grateful!

DF rocks!
________
BUY EASY VAPE

i have to do that for every page or can I do it once to apply it to everything?
Err...regardless of how your site is set up the answer to that should be yes, the title element, <title></title>, should be unique per page, under no circumstances should it be the same or even too similar to others.

Jazajay said:
Err...regardless of how your site is set up the answer to that should be yes, the title element, <title></title>, should be unique per page, under no circumstances should it be the same or even too similar to others.

The CMS' I use automate the title based on other variables and a base value...

That sounds like a good CMS, and is how I code mine when I build them.

Just make sure they are all unique. :)

Jazajay said:
That sounds like a good CMS, and is how I code mine when I build them.

Just make sure they are all unique. :)

Believe me when I say it isn't ;)
it's chunky and slow and has a 2-6 hour publishing run...
oh and cost a 5 figure number

Why don't you pick up a few books and learn how to DIY it?

Only costs £20-30 then and you can make it as fast as you want. :)

Back