Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with logo for university society

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Biologist, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Biologist

Biologist New Member

Hi guys,

I'm new and cannot really be described as a graphic designer myself, but have made a logo that I'm relatively pleased with, in terms of how it looks, but I can't get the background transparent so I can work with it in lots of settings, this is because I don't have the software to use the vector graphics as they are. Would love it if someone could show me how to do it/ offer to do it for me/ install the vector graphics packages that I have and replace them (although, one I don't have the package for). Because it's annoying and I want to use it on the society website as well as membership cards and can't really work with the big white blocks which currently exist behind a few of the graphics that I used.

Any help would be appreciate. If you could reccommend some open source software that I could also use that would be fantastic.

Thanks! :icon_tongue_smilie:
  2. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Have a look at Inkscape, haven't personally used it but heard lots of people who don't have Illustrator mention it. It's a freebie :)

Inkscape. Draw Freely.
  3. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Also meant to say, can you not export as a PNG?