Help with email forwarding...

thomashodgson

I've recently bought a domain from 123-Reg and have set up the email forwarding so that anyone who emails [email protected] ends up getting through to my personal Gmail account. Now, I want to set it up so that when I reply the reply reads from [email protected] as opposed to [email protected].

Problem is I have absolutely no idea how to do this though!? Is it something I have to set up in Gmail, or is it something I do in the 123-Reg control panel? Unfortunately 123-Reg's help leaves a little to be desired on this topic!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure it's doable quite like you want. If you hook GMail up to Thunderbird you can modify the reply-to address to point to the mydomain.co.uk address.

Thunderbird is the way forward. I've got myself a gmail and hooked it onto that, sends and receives all messages from my business mail, @xenonsoft.co.uk.

Thunderbird is brilliant, left Outlook Express looong behind :)
I didn't know you could sync it with Gmail in that way though, useful to know!

I'm not at home at the moment but I can have a look later to see what I've got set-up, whether it's what you're looking for or not.

I use Mail personally :) synced with the iPhone :) does what i need for home :) and then Outlook for work ... at least its not Lotus Notes, used that at PwC was a nightmare!

Just had a look at my settings on Thunderbird and I'm sure I set it up in conjunction with a gmail, but there's no sign of that in there.

I'm using an smtp which wikipedia reliably informs me stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.

I've done a quick google search but to no avail, I would think there's a way of doing it, I think I'm doing something similar, but I can't seem to find out how.

I'll try and ask my mate a little later about the smtp we have, I'll get back to you if I find out anything more.

Back