Help! Uncompressed EPS?

allyally2k

Trying to send a vector of our company logo to someone so it can be laser cut on to a boat (I think). Sent as Ai. but he has emailed saying "can you resend as an uncompressed EPS".

How do I do that?

you should be able to select eps from the drop down menu in illustrator and save it as that instead of an ai.

as for the uncompressed bit, i would presume he just means dont zip it up before you send it (maybe he doesnt have a programme to unzip it at his end?)
________
MARGOSHA_

Hi Allyally2k.

You say you sent an .AI so I assume you have Adobe Illustrator. To save as .eps go to "save as" in Illustrator and then in the drop down box for format, select "Illustrator EPS (eps)". You now have your .eps file.

Yeah that's what I thought but he's thrown me with the uncompressed... do you think maybehe means not grouped or something?

Yup, should work as saved ..eps from Illustrator. I regularly send illy .eps files to a Roland VP-300 for cutting and outputting a normal eps works just fine.

No compression needed.

Assume the uncompressed bit is referring to not zipping the file up as the other guys have already mentioned :)

I didn't send it zipped, just emailed over as an .ai doc

He's just asked me for a .dxf now! I've just saved it as that from illy. Hopefully all ok!

Back