Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help making this logo

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by (ST) fatFROGGER, Apr 22, 2010.

1. (ST) fatFROGGER

(ST) fatFROGGER Junior Member

I want to create a logo, very similar to this...
    Only difference is the text.
    1. Best program to do this, am I doing it right trying to do it photoshop/illustrator.
    2. If anyone has seen a guide to do this, please give me a link.
    3. I have been doing some Googling and havent got great results, but I think im searching for the wrong thing. What is the correct term for this graphic.

this is what I currently have, and I want it too look like the above.

2. psynai

psynai Junior Member

I'd use Photoshop, basically I would put the logo on a layer, get a grid on, say 5px boxes, and then basically fill in the grid squares with ellipsoid circles. Once you've done that, just add a an outer glow using layer styles and maybe lighten up the circles by 30% to make them look like little shining lights.

Hope that helps, sorry if I've confused the hell out of you :p
  3. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

Firstly, stop using Myriad. In fact, don't use Myriad for most things. Secondly, a quick look on dafont will yield lots of similar looking fonts to the one you need:

Clubland Font |
    DS-Point Font |

Thirdly, continue to work in Illustrator and save a 'clean' version of your logo - a black/white version that has no effects applied.

Fourthly, open up Photoshop and follow psynai's advice on outer glows.