• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! Any quick way of doing this?

TomHolmes

Does anyone know a quick way of making photos look like they're on a 3d block, like this?

I can do it the long way and split it up into three rectangles and put in a load skew effects on it, then darken and lighten each side, then apply a drop shadow, but there are 20 of them and I don't have time! I'm on Illustrator/Photoshop CS4.

Well in the example there the image hasn't been skewed at the side or bottom so to achieve the same again you really want a ready made layer mask you can drop your image into, with a little transparent edging on layers above to make it look 3d. If it can wait till tomorrow I could knock something up for you. Not gonna be on computer tonight.

Levi

Staff member
that image isn't 3d, it has 2 skewed rectangles with about 10% black applied over the top, the photo isn't any different.

You could make a mask/template easy enough and then just place the photo underneath it...

TomHolmes

Just realised that, looking at this one. Should be able to get away with that. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few done before I run out of time...