Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD screens

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by mrp2049, Apr 22, 2010.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Right I have some HD video editting to do, and I am suffering from serious lag. I was wondering does anyone have experience of monitors that are 1080p full HD (whatever)?

The next question would be, can I connect it to my macbook?

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

lag when video editing won't be down to the screen, it will be down to 3 things, ram, cpu (and gpu if program can accelerate using it) and hard drive access speeds.

1080p HD is a hog in raw formats

3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

:up: What Levi said.
    If you still need a monitor, any decent one over 20" would be able to show a 1080p video at 100% size.
    The resolution on my iMac is set to 1680 x 1050... which would probably translate as 1050 p or i. I'm no expert mind.

5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

So the next question is, how do I run a second screen on my mac. I have googled it in the past and to be honest all I see is complete tech gibberish! I need an idiots guide!

6. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

The iMac nowadays is 1080p... Might be a little costly for your taste though :p
    And as far as I know, for multiple displays you just go to System prefs and click the displays button :blink:

7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Yeah pretty much. I've seen Typo set it up so it can't be that hard. :p

8. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

You need a display connector thing though, apple doesn't use standard ones.

9. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

GeeWizz thanks JimLad!

Glad you've been paying attention.;)

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

that would be why I got confused!