• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Having trouble with bounding boxes

F

fran123

I was wondering if someone could help me with this little problem.

I did a clipping path in Photoshop CS2. Imported it into Illustrator CS2. When I imported it in to Illustrator I have the bounding box of the clipping path I did in Photoshop and the bounding box of the template or of the jpg, not sure which one...but either way I need to get rid of the bounding box of the template, and or the jpg... That box is cutting off part of the image that I clipped. That is why I want to get rid of the bounding box.

Thanks

Take the image into illustrator and do the clipping within illustrator.

Draw a solid shape over your image covering the part you want visible. Then select both the covering shape and the image below. right click and choose 'Make Clipping Mask'

Its a whole lot easier than importing stuff from photoshop.

The other way to do it is to make sure your image in photoshop has been converted to a layer (and not background). erase all of the image you don't want and save as a .psd.

You can then open up illustrator and 'PLACE' the PSD file into your illustrator document. Making sure that the option Convert Photoshop Layers to Objects is selected.

Hope that helps.