graphics tablet or stylus for touchscreen or stylus for ipad

Cynthia

I'm a complete novice to design. What setup should I try first. I am running Windows 10 Home on a Dell laptop with a touchscreen. I also have a iPad mini 4. Can I draw with a stylus on my Dell touch screen? Can I draw on my iPad with a stylus and somehow have the input go to my Dell? Or, should I buy a graphics tablet, like the ones from Wacom? I'm presently using Photoshop CS6 and Inkscape 0.92.3, but would be happy to switch to other programs like Affinity of Corel. Thanks for any suggestions. I truly appreciate the advice.

I believe there is an app that will link the iPad to a Mac (not sure about PC) via Bluetooth.
You can then use the tablet similar to a Wacom.
The iPad Pro and 2018 iPad work with the Apple Pencil which are good.

The Wacom Intuos/Bamboo are really good for the money.

You don't give much information about your devices so the answer to whether they work with a pressure sensitive stylus (ie apple pencil, wacom etc) or not can be both a yes and a no. At the very least they will both work with a capacitive (ie no pressure, rubber tip one) stylus but without other information it's impossible to say.

As to the first bit, what setup should you try first.... have you tried pen and paper?

You don't give much information about your devices so the answer to whether they work with a pressure sensitive stylus (ie apple pencil, wacom etc) or not can be both a yes and a no. At the very least they will both work with a capacitive (ie no pressure, rubber tip one) stylus but without other information it's impossible to say.

As to the first bit, what setup should you try first.... have you tried pen and paper?

Levi, good idea about the pen and paper! I suppose I could draw on paper, then scan into my computer...

Back