Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graduates - Expand your portfolio free!

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by CarbonCubeDesign, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarbonCubeDesign

CarbonCubeDesign New Member

Hi All!

I work for a company called CarbonCube Design who offer travel card holders for promoting business/products.

We are looking to bolster our social media and have started a campaign of 'showcasing young designers'. It is early days but has really helped our numbers and are looking to get more designers on board.

Here's the deal:

You choose a organisation (we'd like it if you helped out someone else too, maybe a charity, group or good cause, but anyone you fancy) based on a brief you give yourself. E.G. 'LoveActivists' help the homeless across the UK by taking over unused buildings - Brief - to create a design to demo their cause, ethos, struggle and positivity in an aesthetic and meaningful way.

Send us the design (we'll provide a template and instructions) and delivery address.

We'll send you a handful (5-10) holders with your design printed. You can keep some for your portfolio, and hand some to the organisation. We'll post on Facebook your design and mention you and the organisation.

No catch, no cost.

If you're keen please email me at {contact the OP directly via a PM for this wonderful opportunity -hankscorpio, moderator}

Thanks!

James

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  2. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

Young designers can showcase themselves on portfolio sites like Behance and their own FB/TW/IG/G+ etc. They don't need you.

I'd encourage young designers to this anyway - I don't see how it benefits them, as you get the artwork and can sell it and they get nothing???

Wait - they do get something, 5-10 holders?

If you're a young designer and want pieces printed up for your portfolio there are plenty of printing companies locally that would print these for you free of charge if you ask them to help you out.

Bolded part - they hold this right anyway - regardless!

But there is a catch - you're purporting young designers to give up their designs so you can profit.

If you want designs then you pay the designer to design for you - regardless to the fact of if you use the designs or not.

You wouldn't ask budding young architechts to design houses for your Building Construction Company Ltd. in the hope that their designs will be seen by your limited customer base? Then you own the rights to all these great house plans/designs and make profit from them?

Cop on.

http://www.nospec.com/

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Last edited: May 1, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.