Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good web design, on-line web tools and web development blogs

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Jazajay, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Hay up peeps, I was wondering if any one knew any good design or web development blogs that update regularly that I could consider signing up to thier RSS feed. Ones that offer like good design tutorials that update regualy would be great, or any good web coding blogs that are more advanced not how to code html sort of blogs if you get me, bit like

Also any good on-line tools like page performance testing, on-line colour chart picker that sort of stuff.

What about any good icon sites?

Just want to expand my reasearch a bit futher.

Cheers for any recomendations.
  2. Rjho

Rjho Member

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

4. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Well for development I think that Nettuts+ | Web development tutorials, from beginner to advanced. does a fairly good job with a variety of tutorials in different coding languages.

Design-wise it's hard to find tutorial blogs that really focus on web design. There are a lot of tutorial blogs out there but you'll only come across the one-off web tutorial. You should make a difference between tutorial blogs and design blogs though. Design blogs tend to show off other people's work while tutorial blogs show off their own (or their writers') work and. Here is a very interesting read on design blogs: The Death Of The Blog Post - Smashing Magazine
  5. Harry

Harry Senior Member

6. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

css-tricks is good some of it you might find a little basic but it covers some css3 etc too - also check out the snippets section there