• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gift Idea for Designers

character1

I've an idea for a kind of corporate gift/giveaway for my business and wanted to get some feedback from you chaps.

I want to get a load of moleskine notebooks and have the Character Creative logo embossed on the front. The plan is then to give them away to the designers we place along with a few contacts (Creative Directors/Design Director etc) at our favourite design houses.

It's the classic corporate gift idea I know, but I'm hoping it will be received with a little more enthusiasm than the cliqued mouse mat and pen.

Any thoughts would be great along with any better ideas if you have them.

Cheers

Darren

tbwcf

Hi Darren,

On first read of your post I had no idea what a moleskine notebook was, I thought, "bloody hell they must be doing well to be giving away notebooks" (laptop type).

After a quick google I'm now on the same page and that seems a very good idea to me! your right the mouse mat/pen thing is rubish, I don't even know a designer that uses a mouse mat!

The notepad idea is massively better and something I (and think most designers) would use!

Thumbs up from me!

Xenonsoft

I didn't know what a moleskin notebook was either.

I've no idea how they'll react to it, but I nearly always carry with me a notebook and pen to write down any ideas I have.

Moleskin virgins!

Good idea, every designer loves a good moleskin book, so you can pretty much guarantee they'll get used. See if you can get different coloured covers, I saw a limited edition 'helvetica' one which was red and white, and looked pretty nice being different from the usual black cover.

Yea everyone will love it.

Young designers even more so. Its a bit like those black rim "designer" glasses.

You were just cool if you had a pair, same with the moleskineeeeee.

go for it.

Where would you get them embossed? Wouldn't mind doing that for a friends birthday i have coming up.

Kevin

Why is everyone saying Moleskin? It's Moleskine with an 'e' at the end, like Calvin pointed out, but maybe it's not clear to everyone :)

I like the idea. And if you end up giving away mouse mats anyway, go for MouseRug. Okay, the site is crap, but I have a MouseRug and it's the best mouse mat I've ever had and it has a nice pattern and feel to it, this is mine http://h4xr.org/axlk .

Onartis said:
Why is everyone saying Moleskin? It's Moleskine with an 'e' at the end, like Calvin pointed out, but maybe it's not clear to everyone :)

I like the idea. And if you end up giving away mouse mats anyway, go for MouseRug. Okay, the site is crap, but I have a MouseRug and it's the best mouse mat I've ever had and it has a nice pattern and feel to it, this is mine http://h4xr.org/axlk .
LOL quality magic carpet Onartis.