Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free website builder

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Duncan Y., Aug 9, 2010.

1. Duncan Y.

Duncan Y. Senior Member

Actually i've been through with Yola (formerly Synthasite) but i'm not satisfy with the outcome. And then, i saw Wix (and have a few pages tried out seems to be pretty handy in the beginning but have not try more, it have preset grids for alignment i think) and then Moonfruit, Devhub as well and probably the others.

My question is "Have anyone in here tried that?" Any suggestions on how should i make use of these to make my own site? or which should i use? (I've been brainstorming regarding the contents and pages to have, i particularly fav underconsideration type) :D
  2. Hey,

I have a wix account, only thing is its not very professional as the whole thing is built with flash, so basically nobody on an iphone can view it.

I knew little about web design but i have started my own last week and even though its tricky its something im really enjoying.

All you need to do is host the site and your domain name
  3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

4. dougie123

dougie123 New Member

Yes I have built a few websites in WIX. The only reason why I did was because the client wanted a WYSIWYG way of updating the website themselves. I liked using it as it was quick and easy to get it up and running and I didn't have to worry about the client not being able to understand how to use it.
    Creating a CMS can be a complete pain and teaching someone to use it is even worse.

SO for that purpose it's a good tool.

But you can't beat building a site in good old fashioned CSS / JAVA
  5. Duncan Y.

Duncan Y. Senior Member

actually what's 'WYSIWYG'?

Devhub is a CSS based platform but yeah, it is really a pain even just to understand how to use it. :p I've tried and i can't even get it started. lol
  6. What You See Is What You Get

7. hitech

hitech Junior Member

What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) Good abbreviation. Any way.

I think Dreamweaver is bater. But I also do not know any web design language. I download some blogger template, then to edit I read some articles.
  8. Duncan Y.

Duncan Y. Senior Member

i think i should start learning some css basics. :p lol
  9. hitech

hitech Junior Member

Yes, learning only html is not enough. CSS is advanced. And it is also good to learn DHTML.
  10. Duncan Y.

Duncan Y. Senior Member

well, ni didn't even know read the html! lol it's just that i saw the css coding and thought i would be lot easier to learn than html. isn't it? :p