Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free fonts?

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by clarke creative, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Can anyone shed some light on the free fonts available through various websites out there?

I know where to find them, but i want to know what happens to them across different formats of design?
    By this i mean are they all internet compatible and do they all keep a certain level of quality when they are increased to a certain size for example on signage etc...

Can anyone also shed some light on how i get access to the font kozuka gothic on my mac?

2. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Simple answer is they're fine.

I use a few sites to find fonts, DaFont is well known, 1001 fonts and My Fonts is very good. Most are Internet compatible and ALL have no problem with being increased to a large size. You do need to check them before you download them though, because some are not allowed to be used commercially.

Re: Kozuka Gothic, do you have the font file on your system already, or are you looking for it?

3. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Whilst in another thread this morning I've discovered Font Squirrel, where the free fonts are also free for commercial use if it helps. :)

4. kozuka pro is visible in my font book, but not accessible in illustrator?

5. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Strange. Perhaps it wasn't downloaded properly.

6. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

It may be something other than that - for whatever Adobe reason it is, some fonts just don't appear in Illustrator - and that is true of every Mac & PC I have used.