Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forest Advertising Layout

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Timmo, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Timmo

Timmo Member

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Personally I think I would have maybe done it slightly differently.
    List form :)

1) I'd move the business/tourism to the other side
    2) I would have used the leaves as a background feature (blending into a plain colour) and then had the header for the main site branding plus a bit for a 'sponsored by' advert bit to pull in a bit of revenue to maintain the site
    3) I think the images need some rounding on them to match the logo as it stands.
    4) I really do not like the background you've picked and think my idea suggested above may look better :)
  3. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I'd agree with the Levi about the background, it looks more kitchen laminate than real wood, not foresty enough. :up:
  4. Jed

Jed Member

Hmm I like the idea - the redesign looks fresher than the original!

I would agree with Levi and Tomsound but then you also have to consider your target market. Its tourism site right? So maybe instead going for a forest look maybe focus more on the commercial side of things?

An example to look at would be this: Visit London - Official City Guide & London Hotels - This site is typical tourism feature (it has places to go and events and such).

Maybe your budget does not stretch this far but you can still provide a low budget alternative with a similar website hierarchy, as it looks like your desing is more tailored for text (it has the same look as a blog layout) an minimal images. The idea of a tourism and business is to attract visitor's that will use your services - a few visuals in the right place can go a long way.

Keep us updated!