Flyer designer problem

BCsurf

hi, I have a new landscaping company. I was hoping to have a flyer designed and the print shops were all backed up and ended up hiring someone off a local bulletin site.

They designed me a flyer and I tried having it printed online and couldn't change the size or work it out myself.

I ended up taking it to print shops and turned out it was designed in Word and nobody will touch it, can't change the size. Is it salvageable or was I ripped off? The girl who designed it claims she has done flyers for larger companies but I realize I may have been scammed. She did put some effort in and it was $100, she only wanted $50 but it looked so good I paid extra.

Is there anyway to change a file or should I just take the hit? Thanks

Not something I'd recommend in daily/professional setting (they should have supplied the file in the correct format to start with) but you can convert the word file into a pdf using a 'print to pdf' approach, cutepdf is a free option on windows 8 or below but windows 10 and os-x should have this option available as standard. Now it won't be exactly what you need but it should get it past a printer as it will be in a format they don't mind working with.

$100 isn't much for a professional flyer design, although I'd guess it is not professionally designed judging by the format you have received it in and the fact that she only requested $50 for it.

Take the hit and have your flyer redesigned properly with the use of a decent vector software

The format of the document isn't the big issue, it's the format of the files inside it.

Thanks I'll put it up here. I don't want to argue with the girl over $100 and risk and potential damage she could do to my small business (fake reviews etc).

For a pretty basic flyer the print shop designers were telling me about an hour or two of their time $90/hr.

I'm just getting a website up and a proper email address so I'd want to revise the flyers anyway.

The first print shop said the files inside were a mess just pictures thrown on top of each other.

Back